Jan 24, 2013

What I've Been Missing.

I think that now I understand what I've been looking for, what I have been craving.

I remember sitting next to a pair, and wishing to understand that world. It seemed so mysterious, so out of reach. I dreamed up girlish fantasies about what it could be like. I was always on the outside of it, but now I am part of it. Now, I am part of a pair, one half of a whole. Now, I can see that there is more to life than just walking from one place to the next, drifting through the stages of everything. Now, the world around me is richer, more full of potential and opportunity.

This is something that can change a person, and I can already see the growth that this is a catalyst for. And for once, this change doesn't scare me. For once, this feels so right that I'm not afraid of something new.

What others have always lacked, he has. When no one else can console me, he can. When I need someone to hold me, when I need someone to hear me, when I need someone to laugh with me, he is the one I turn to. And I love it.

And I love him.
And I'm the happiest I've ever been.
And I don't care who sees this or hears this.
And I could say it again -- I love him!
And he loves me back.

And now we have each other.
And I know what I've been missing.