Oct 27, 2011

A Mission.

So I haven't stayed on campus yet. It's been about a month and a half now since I've been in college, but every single weekend I've gone home. And I haven't regretted it, because I believe that everyone has to adjust to new circumstances at their own pace. There is no set standard -- how can there be one, when there is no set standard for human nature? Everything is relative.

Nevertheless, this weekend will be different. This weekend, I'm staying here. People say it's boring because most students go home, but I'm going to un-bore my time. I am excited to experience this, excited to really separate myself and thus establish a new life that is all mine.

I know now that beginning this separation, and completing it, doesn't mean I simultaneously must sever ties with those I love most. It just means that I will be adding another layer on top of the tie, bonding us all closer still. There will be a change, but it will not have the black, murky result I initially thought it might. It will be an approachable, embracable bright yellow, glowing with happiness and health.

I'll make sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment