Apr 22, 2013

That Shower.


Do I really have to tell you this again?

“No. I’m not mad.”
Yes, I am.

“You just seem like you are. You know we didn’t have to
do anything, right? We could have just laid here…”

No. We couldn’t have. Not with you saying “it’s not fair,
it’s not fair. I’m so turned on now.”

Selfish baby.

“I’ll be back. I want to shower.”

“Oh, thanks. You can’t wait to get me out of you and off of you?”

Obviously.
I can’t tell him that, though.

“No. I just want to redo my hair… it’s a bit messed up now.”

He chuckles.
I can’t look at him.

I walk out the door. Hesitate. Close it behind me. Lean against it.
Check to make sure no one is in the hallway with me.
I just want to hide. I don’t want anyone to see.

Take a deep breath…
Up and down…. In …. And out….

No. I can’t take it.

Just walk down the hall to the shower stall. Just deal. 
This is because of me…. (again).

Now I’m standing in the shower.
I can’t believe I’m in this place again.

Why do I keep on saying yes?

He is always so good looking, and his kisses are so sweet….

That’s no excuse.
I know that I can say no.
I want to say no.

So why do I keep on saying yes?

It’s fine. Nevermind.
I’m just going to take a shower, like I told him.

It’s just a shower.

I’ll let the heat rinse this away…..
I’ll just stare at the gold-flecks in the brown-beige shower wall.

It’s so ugly. I hate it.

I have to get out of the shower soon.
It’s been a while…..
I look down and I see that my skin is red.

I still feel empty. I feel hallowed out.

Why isn’t this working?
Why do I always think it will work?

I stared at that wall for so long that all I could feel was the wet heat
washing over my shoulders and
dripping down my back and
flowing down …

You know how people sometimes say that if you stare at something
for long enough, it will look like it’s starting to move?

Well, I stared at the wall of that shower for a long time,
but nothing began to move.

Instead all of the color began to wash out of it.

I stared at that wall for so long
that all I could see was no wall.

I can’t take it.