Oct 7, 2011

New Beginnings.

I'm still trying to get used to living away from home, to meeting new people basically every day, and trying my hardest to redefine myself.

Until now, among other things I have been a leader and a swimmer. I was the singer, the reader. The writer. Now, I have to reinvent myself.

Or maybe I should say now I have the chance to reinvent myself. I have the chance to embrace a whole new world with brand new faces. The chance to relinquish my past and set free the other sides of myself, some of which have been bursting and threatening to collapse my mind from the inside out -- and it's now mine for the taking. I owe it to those who have nurtured me and held my hand thus far. I owe it to myself.

Something like this should be exciting -- the chance for a fresh breath of brand new air! To fill my lungs with something other than memories of the way I was reflected in other peoples' eyes is, at times, mind-boggling. This is a time for growth, to take those leaps I have been dreaming of, for once to mold myself into whomever I choose. It's the time for falling and making mistakes, but then getting right back up again -- on my own. It's the opportunity of a lifetime!

But why is it also so scary?